What is artificial intelligence ?
The invention of computing machines and the subsequent capability improvement to perform various tasks have grown exponentially. Humans have developed the power of computers systems in terms of their diverse working domains, their increasing speed , reducing size with respect to time.A branch of computer science named artificial intelligence pursues creating the computers or machines as intelligent as human beings.
What is artificial intelligence?
Artificial intelligence is a way of making a computer, a computer controlled robot, or a software think intelligently, in the similar manner the intelligent human think,learn, decide, and work while trying to solve a problem, and then using the outcomes of this study as a basic of developing intelligent software and systems. According to the Father of artificial intelligence , John McCarthy, it is “the science and engineering of making intelligent mains, especially intelligent computer programs”.
Goals of AI
To create expert systems- the systems which exhibit intelligent behavior, learn, demonstrate, explain, and advice its users.
To implement human intelligence in Machines-creating systems that understand, think, learn and behave like humans.
AI has been dominant in various fields such as-
- Gaming– AI plays crucial role in strategic games such as chess, poker, tic-tac-toe, etc. Where machine can think of large number of possible positions based on heuristic knowledge.
Natural language processing– interact with the computer that understand natural language spoken by humans.
Expert systems– some applications which integrate Machine softwares , and special information to provide explaination and advice to the users.
Vision systems– understand, interpret, and comprehend visual input on the computer, fir example, A spy-plane takes photographs, which are used to figure out Map of the areas. Doctors use clinical expert systems to diagnose the patient. Police use computer software, that can identify criminals with the stored portrait made by forensic artist.
- Speech recognition– some intelligent systems are capable of hearing and comprehending the language in terms of sentence and their meanings beside different accents, slang words, noise in the background, change in human’s noise due to cold, etc.
Handwriting recognition– the handwriting recognition software reads the text written on paper by a pen or on screen by a stylus. It can recognise the shapes of the letters and convert it into editable text.
Intelligent robots– robots are able to perform the tasks given by a human. They have sensors to detect physical data from the real world such as light, heat, temperature, movement, sound, bump, and pressure. they have efficient processors, multiple sensors and huge memory to exhibit intelligence.In addition,they are capable of learning from their mistakes and they can adapt to the new environment.
- They knowledge has some unwelcomed properties in the real world.
- It’s volume is huge, next to unimaginable It is not well-organized or well-formatted.
- It keeps changing constantly.
- AI technique is a manner to organise and use the knowledge efficiently in such a way that-
- It should be perceivable by the people who provide it.
- It should be easily modified to correct errors. It should be useful in many situations though it is incomplete or inaccurate.
- AI techniques elevate the speed of execution of the complex program it equiped with.
Limitations of AI
- The huge first involved in its protection and maintenance.
- Unemployment, if robots begin to substitute human beings in every field
- Automation can cause human beings stop using their thinking abilities
- Over dependence on machines can result in losing their mental and physical capabilities
- Control of the machines in wrong hands can cause havoc.
- Fear of robots overruling humans. Humans, should always be the masters of machines. But if something goes wrong, would clever machines out smart us.
Share with your friends and subscribe for more.
- Related posts : The Secret Of The Super volcanoes