India is still fighting the war against the global pandemic of COVID-19 but that does not mean life has stopped; everything is slowly getting back to normal. After a lockdown, India has opened up for travel. Many popular holiday destinations in India have started welcoming their guests and the hospitality sector also ensures the safety of the tourists in these tourist places and these are the safest places to visit in India during covid-19. So, it means that your favorite places in India are up for holidays, be it with family, a romantic honeymoon, or a getaway from the walls of your home.
If You Are Planning To Travel In India, Here Is A List Of The Safest Places to visit in India during covid19
The beautiful lake town in the Himalayan state of Uttarakhand, Nainital is one of the best places to visit near Delhi. Even if you and your partner choose to visit, it is a perfect choice for a getaway in the days of the pandemic. This charming hill station is settled in the foothills of the Kumaon ranges in the Himalayas. Nainital is among the best places to visit in Uttarakhand. The region experiences pleasant weather throughout the year and this makes it a famous tourist place among family and honeymooners.
Things to do in Nainital
- Sit by the Naini Lake
- Enjoy walks in the hills
- Bask in the beautiful views
- Go boating on the glassy waters of Naini Lake
- Enjoy a leisurely stay at the resorts or homestays
Nestled at the foothills of the Himalayas along the River Ganges, Rishikesh is a charming town in Uttarakhand. It is among the popular tourist destinations in India that you can visit alone or with your favorite people. You can choose to explore the “Yoga Capital of the World” and learn about the secrets of the ancient science of health and wellness or explore the hub of adventure activities in India to try river rafting, bungee jumping, hiking, etc. which will start its operations very soon.
Things to do in Rishikesh
- Stay at a yoga ashram and practice yoga & meditation
- Sit on the river bank and watch the world go by
- Stay in a resort or homestay for leisure
Quarantine Rules for Uttarakhand
If you are coming from another state, you will have to upload your RT-PCR test report from ICMR authorised labs, reflecting that have tested negative for COVID-19 on their official state website. For more details, check this report.
Chail Hills, Himachal Pradesh
Whether you are looking for a weekend break or a more extended stay, Chail Hills is a great choice to relish the lush greenery and breathtaking views of a valley that is called a hiker’s paradise. You’ll feel like you have entered a different world when you’ll hike and camp in dense forests of Chail Hills. You can choose your adventure s per your taste and stamina. If you would like, you can visit the world’s highest cricket ground and the Chail Wildlife Sanctuary.
If you are a history and architecture buff, a visit to the Victorian era ‘Chail Palace’ is unavoidable. Once the summer retreat palace built by the Maharaja of Patiala during British Raj, today it stands as a heritage hotel. Safest places to visit in India during COVID-19
A scenic hill station in Himachal Pradesh, Manali is one of the most popular summer holiday destinations in India for families, couples and even solo backpackers. The hill town enjoys a breathtaking view of snow-covered mountains, lush valleys, and the swift-flowing Beas Rive along with ancient temples, adventure sports, and many other pleasures. It is one of the safest holiday destinations in India during Covid-19.
Things to do in Manali
- Bask in the bliss of mountains
- Walkthrough Old Manali
- Pray at the sacred shrines
- Drive to the crowd-free Solang Valley or Rohtang Pass
- Enjoy picnics at the Apple orchards
Quarantine Rules for Himachal Pradesh
Tourists can visit Himachal Pradesh with prior hotel booking of at least five days, and a negative Covid-19 test report from an ICMR approved lab. Such tourists will also have to register online with the state government before entering the state. For more details, check this report.
The city of the UNESCO World Heritage Site of the Khajuraho Group of Temples, the ancient town in Madhya Pradesh is a popular holiday getaway. History, incredible architecture, and the charm of the small town make it a place you must pay a visit. With its truly unmissable charms, you can easily visit the town even during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Things to do in Khajuraho
- Walkthrough architectural masterpieces of UNESCO listed temples
- Click pictures of the incredible wonders
- Plan outings to the wildlife sanctuaries of Madhya Pradesh
Udaipur can be simply named among the best places for a family vacation. Encompassed by beautiful Aravalli Hills and renowned as the ‘Venice of the East’, Udaipur does not stop at it, this amazing city also finds mention among the most romantic honeymoon destinations in India. Blessed with beautiful lakes with the backdrop of the lush Aravali hills in the backdrop, the Rajasthani town is home to spectacular monuments, heritage sites, vibrant culture, and scenic beauty.
Things to do in Udaipur
- Boat ride in the Lake Pichola
- Stay in a lakeside hotel or resort
- Explore the heritage sites
- Relish Rajasthani food & folk performances
Words fall short to describe Goa. The pictorial beach holiday destination in India is one of the most popular places for holidays. Blessed by the Arabian Sea and the Western Ghats, this slice of paradise is a perfect getaway for couples, families, and leisure seekers. Goa holiday packages are truly memorable. Besides its breathtaking beauty, there are amazing things to do and blissful experiences that offer a safe respite even during Covid-19. Honeymoon in Goa is also a great idea to spend some quality time with the love of your life.
Things to do in Goa
- Visit the scenic beaches
- Stay at the luxury resorts or homestays
- Drive around Goa
- Hike up the forts
- Try adventure sports
- Relish Goan cuisine
1. Wash your hands with soap or use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser frequently, particularly after contact with respiratory secretions.
2. Always wear a mask when moving out of your home
3. Avoid eating out in public places, and follow proper food hygiene practices. And, if you have to eat outside, maintain social distancing and eat freshly prepared food that you are sure about the hygiene.
4. Disinfect your car and anything that you come in contact with while travelling.
5. Travel light and book your stay at those places only where proper hygiene measures are taken, and chances of coming in contact with others are low.
Inspired? Pin these to your Pinterest boards
Comment your next holiday destination and drop down your views 🙂